The present company, Wanganui Veterinary Services Ltd, evolved from what was the Wanganui Veterinary Club Inc., which was first established in the district in 1947.
The club structure still exists as an incorporated society and this entity is the present owner of the building that the practice presently operates from. The building was purchased in 1993 as the Riverside Hotel and converted into a spacious client friendly veterinary clinic. Wanganui Veterinary Services leases the building and contracts to supply veterinary services to members. Farmer member of the club still pay a small subscription to enable them to access veterinary services at a discounted rate